Do you remember MONTHS ago when I bought this gorgeous fabric from Hobby Lobby? Think way back to March when I mentioned replacing my breakfast room window treatments?
Yes, March! I’ve had that fabric sitting in a pile since March! How ridiculous is that?
Well, I finally got my rear in gear and made some drapes! At this point I was so irritated with looking at that pile of fabric that I just picked it up, cut it into strips, and hemmed the edges. Seriously! Nothing fancy about these guys!
I literally folded the fabric in half lengthwise and cut. Then folded those two pieces in half widthwise and cut. No brainer!
I usually iron and pin the edges, but didn’t have the patience this time! I merely folded the edges and sewed.
I did measure and pin the top where the rod would go so that they were even. I originally planned to have some excess at the top to gather but then realized that I would have to stitch two lines to do this so I tossed that idea and decided just to sew one stick in each to create the loop (hole) for the rod.
This fabric was pretty thick so once I hung the drapes they didn’t want to stay put. They kept popping out of place and covering too much window.
So I took a needle and thread and sewed through the top to secure the gathering in place.
You Might Also Like: