Start by cooking six slices of bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and reserve 2 Tbsp. of drippings in pan. Crumble bacon once cooled.
- 6 bacon slices
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, separated
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet and set aside. Crumble when cooled.
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot drippings 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in corn; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a large clean skillet over medium heat. Add flour, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until golden. Gradually whisk in half-and-half until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Add half of crumbled bacon and cook on low heat for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 Tbsp basil, salt and pepper to taste and corn mixture. Stir well to combine and cook for a few minutes to blend flavors. Garnish with remaining bacon and basil.
This week I’m linking up to these fabulous parties: